- Call ahead to let us know the patient is coming to us
- Send the full clinical record ahead to a firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can review the notes and prepare for the patient.
- The patient must be stable and suitable for nursing level care
Ensure your clients are informed about the following:
- We do not discharge the patient home; Patients must go back to their regular GP for discharge.
- Patients must be discharged before 7:15am. Later discharges are possible but not on the fixed price overnight monitoring package.
- If the patient’s status changes on transport to us, then the overnight monitoring package may not be appropriate. Our vets will discuss this with your client at admission.
To transfer your patients to Animal Emergency at VSA
- Call or email ahead so that we know to expect the owner arriving and prepare for the patient.
- Send full clinical history and copies of all relevant diagnostics carried out at your clinic with the owner.
- The owner will need to transfer their pet to us, and they will have a consultation with one of our AE veterinarians before being admitted into the hospital.
- An individualised estimate for the patient will be discussed and confirmed with the owner during the admission consultation.